Sports Injuries First Aid Level 1
This one day course provides basic training for people who are required to be first aiders within their sports club where there is potential for someone to be injured or become ill. As this course deals with the first aid treatment for sports injuries, it is suitable for the majority of sporting activities.
On completing your course, you will understand the first aider’s role, including:
- How to correctly manage an incident and a casualty, including keeping yourself safe, prioritising casualties, conducting primary and secondary surveys.
- How to maintain accurate records.
- Identifying disorders of breathing, including choking.
- How to place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position and provide the correct treatment for shock.
- How to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and child.
- How to identify different types of bleeding and give the appropriate treatment to various wounds.
- How to identify and treat various head injuries, including concussion, compression and serious head injury.
- How to recognise the contents of a sports injury first aid kit.
You will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of knowledge and practical skills competence will be recorded in a student workbook for certification.
Certificate duration: 3 years