Mental Health Annual Refresher
Only available to candidates holding a current and valid Leading First Aid for Mental Health or First Aid for Mental Health certificate.
We believe that Mental Health First Aid should be just as important as physical First Aid – refreshing your skills is equally as important.
This half day course has been designed for First Aiders for Mental Health to refresh their skills and knowledge and to stay up to date with current events.
The course covers key topics from the regulated First Aid for Mental Health qualifications, including the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions, how to develop a first aid action plan for mental health and ways in which people can improve their general well-being.
A range of subjects are covered including:-
- What is first aid for mental health?
- Knowledge update on stress, anxiety & depression.
- Knowledge update on a range of mental health conditions.
- Practice applying the action plan for mental health and updating your knowledge of mental health supports.
- Current external factors affecting mental health, including working in isolation, economic and social factors.
- Are we taking care of our own well-being?
Candidates will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of underpinning knowledge will be required for certification.
Certificate duration: 1 year