Baby and Child First Aid
This one day course is designed for those who care for babies and children and want to be prepared in case of an incident. This course is also suitable for those working in nurseries and child care groups.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Identify potential accident spots in the home and nurseries.
- Administer infant and child resuscitation, including recovery position and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Identify choking and other breathing disorders.
- Carry out the proper treatment of internal and external bleeding.
- Carry out treatment for shock.
- Identify different types of burns and scalds, including appropriate treatment.
- Identify potential poisons and routes of entry and provide appropriate treatment.
- Identify anaphylaxis, including appropriate treatment.
How will I be assessed?
Candidates will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of underpinning knowledge will be required for certification.
Certificate duration: 3 years