First Aid for Mental Health
Mental health problems can develop inside and outside of the workplace. There are several internal factors which can have a negative impact on mental health and make it harder for people to cope.
This one day course expands on the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within a workplace, covering a range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and learning how to start a conversation about mental health
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
Following an employers’ first aid needs assessment you may decide that it would be beneficial to appoint mental health First Aiders who would be able to identify and understand symptoms and support someone who might be experiencing a mental health issue.
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
Certificate duration: 3 years