First Aid at Work 3-Day Block
This course is the industry standard course for training First Aiders within the workplace. The course syllabus is as specified by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and is fully compliant with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981. Delivered over three consecutive days.
This course is designed for high-risk workplaces, such as engineering, manufacturing, warehousing and construction. Also, this course is suitable for workplaces with employees with a variety of underlying health conditions, including heart problems, diabetes, anaphylaxis and high blood pressure. The course covers first aid protocols for adult casualties only.
On completing this course, candidates will understand the first aider’s role, including:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
- Preventing cross infection.
- Recording incidents and actions.
- Using available equipment.
Candidates will be able to assess situations and circumstances in order to provide First Aid safely, promptly and effectively in a range of emergencies, such as:
- An unconscious adult casualty (including seizure).
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to an adult, including using an AED.
- An adult casualty who is choking.
- An adult casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- An adult casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries, chest injuries, burns and scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning, anaphylactic shock.
- You will be able to recognise and administer first aid for major illnesses, including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes.
You will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of knowledge and practical skills competence will be recorded in a student workbook for certification.
Certificate duration: 3 years