Volunteer Roles – Fundraising
As a fundraising officer for St Andrew’s First Aid, your role will be to plan and take part in fundraising activity for the charity, develop and plan new fundraising strategies, and keep records of fundraising activities and money raised.
Your own knowledge, skills and experience
- Be outgoing and friendly with the ability to think creatively about different fundraising opportunities.
- Have the ability to accurately keep records on all fundraising activities.
- Experience of collaborating as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organisation skills.
Accountability and supervision
- Identify any problems and constructive feedback on the training admin process, and communicate this with the appropriate members of the staff team.
- Communicate regularly with your Volunteer Development Officer about your progress and your thoughts about the role. Be open to identifying problems and seeking solutions.
- Liaise with the Fundraising and Marketing team on a regular basis regarding activities and new opportunities.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to gain experience within charity fundraising.
- Recognition of the role that you are carrying out for St Andrew’s First Aid
- A chance to think creatively and get involved with new initiatives
- Support and supervision required to help you carry out your role, from a national team of qualified, experienced staff.
- Out of pocket expenses for costs incurred during your volunteering, in line with St Andrew’s First Aid expenses policy.
- Be involved in fundraising during Scottish First Aid Week
Our mutual expectations will be:
- Support St Andrew’s First Aid in its work locally and nationally and carry out your volunteer role to the best of your ability.
- Have excellent communication skills and use these effectively.
- Have excellent organisation and planning skills
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, email etc.) and Better Impact Volunteer database
- Be willing to undertake training as appropriate, in order to enable you to be effective in the role.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to be flexible and adaptable
- Support St Andrew’s First Aid procedures and standards by:
- Being aware of St Andrew’s First Aid’s policies and procedures, including health and safety of yourself and others.
- Respecting others and treating people equally irrespective of age, race, gender, class, economic status, disability, sexual orientation and religious belief
- Setting good working practices.
- Being accountable for your work and accepting constructive comments.
- Ensure all activities undertaken in the name of St Andrew’s first Aid achieve the charitable aims and objectives and do not bring the organisation into disrepute.
- Meet time commitments and standards agreed, and give reasonable notice when unavailable, so other arrangements can be made.
- Be honest, have integrity and act with professionalism at all times.
- Uphold the confidentiality of any sensitive information which you may come into contact with or have access to during the course of your role.
How to apply
If you would like to join the St Andrew’s First Aid team, you can register your interest online.