Public First Aid courses
The intention of the YouGov survey was to discover how well the public are equipped to deal with emergencies requiring first aid in the home. It was unveiled that only 41% of the population were aware of the correct procedure to treat children under 12 years of age for choking.
Futhermore 23% did not have any knowledge at all of any of the correct procedures. While some 28% of the population would use double the recommended amount of back blows, potentially making the situation worse.
Why Train with Us for your Public First Aid course?
- We are co-authors of the UK’s leading First Aid Manual
- Our Social Enterprise donates back all profits to our parent charity to allow them to deliver their vital work
- The widest range of scheduled courses in Scotland
- All of our trainers have internationally recognised qualifications
- Courses updated with the most current first aid and resuscitation standards
- We schedule courses at times and in locations which suit your lifestyle
- Highest quality user-friendly take-home materials
- Central and easy to access location
- Video demonstrations
- PowerPoint presentations
- Skills demonstration and practice
- Scenarios using market leading training resources
- Discussions and with question and answer sessions
- Student Workbooks
Hands-on techniques are supported by a range of training materials based on course requirements, for example; adult, baby or child resuscitation training manikins for CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator), choking simulation vests, bandages, barrier devices and first aid kits.
Our courses are taught by certified first aid trainer/assessors who can tailor the course based on the needs of the candidates. Our trainers bring a wealth of personal and first aid experience to our courses and their use of real life examples will make your first aid course memorable and entertaining.