Emergency First Aid in Inverness Training Centre
Emergency First Aid course
The Emergency First Aid course provides basic first aid training for people who wish to have some knowledge of first aid that will enable them to assist someone that is injured or becomes ill suddenly.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who wish to have a basic understanding of first aid and how to look after a casualty whilst awaiting an ambulance.
This course does not cover Infant and child CPR. Minimum age to attend course is 12 years old.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- manage an incident
- describe and action the priorities of first aid, including primary/secondary surveys and the recovery position
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- deal with disorders of the airway, including choking
- deal with disorders of circulation, including strokes, shocks and heart attacks
- control bleeding, including internal and external bleeding of the hand, arm, head, varicose vein, embedded object wound dressings and also elevation sling
- deal with burns and scalds, including cold, radiation, electrical and chemical burns
How long does the course last?
4 hours. Candidates are required to complete four contact hours of training and assessment. It is therefore necessary that candidates are able to attend for the whole duration of the course to allow them to be eligible for continuous assessment and certification.
9.00am until 1.00pm, or 1.00pm until 5.00pm
Candidates will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of underpinning knowledge and practical skills competence will be required for certification.
Successful candidates will receive a St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd ‘Emergency First Aid’ certificate, which is valid for three years.
Please consider the following factors when choosing your candidate(s) to attend our Emergency First Aid course:
- reliability, disposition and communication skills
- aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills
- ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
Inverness Training Centre
Fairways Golf Centre and Restaurant