Sports Injuries First Aid – Level 2 in Edinburgh Training Centre - Dock Place
Sports Injuries First Aid – Level 2 course
The Sports Injuries First Aid – Level 2 course provides training for people who are required to be first aiders within their sports club. The course syllabus is as specified by the Scottish Youth Football Association (SYFA).
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone that is involved in sports, where there is potential for someone to be injured or become ill. As this course deals with the first aid treatment for sports injuries it is suitable for the majority of sports activities.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- correctly manage an incident and a casualty; includes keeping yourself safe, prioritising casualties, primary and secondary survey
- maintain accurate records
- identify disorders of breathing; including choking
- place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position and provide the correct treatment for shock
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- identify different types of bleeding and give the appropriate treatment to various wounds
- properly apply a range of dressings and bandages
- correctly identify and treat upper and lower limb fractures and soft tissue injuries
- identify a range of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- identify various head injuries; including concussion, compression and serious head injury
- treat a variety of conditions including asthma, hypoglycaemia and bites and stings
- recognise the contents of a sports injury first aid kit
How long does the course last?
2 days. Candidates are required to complete twelve contact hours of training and assessment. It is therefore necessary that candidates are able to attend for the whole duration of the course to allow them to be eligible for continuous assessment and certification.
9.00am until 4.45pm
Candidates will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of underpinning knowledge and practical skills competence will be required for certification.
Successful candidates will receive a St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd ‘Sports Injuries First Aid – Level 2’ certificate, which is valid for 3 years.
Please consider the following factors when choosing your candidate(s) to attend our Sports Injuries First Aid – Level 2 course:
- reliability, disposition and communication skills
- aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills
- ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures
Edinburgh Training Centre – Dock Place
12 Dock Place