Emergency First Aid At Work in Edinburgh Training Centre
This course is suitable for low-risk workplaces and covers covers CPR, using a defibrillator, choking and the recovery position.
The course syllabus is as specified by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and is fully compliant with The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
Should I attend?
This course is suitable for low-risk workplaces, such as offices, shops, libraries, and whose needs assessment indicates a requirement for emergency first aid training only.
If your first aid needs assessment identifies staff with underlying medical conditions, then we recommend our First Aid at Work course covering treatment for a wider variety of health issues.
What will I learn?
On completion, you will understand a first aider’s role, including:
- preventing cross infection,
- recording incidents and actions, and
- use of available equipment.
You will be able to assess situations and circumstances in order to provide First Aid in a range of emergencies, including:
- an unconscious adult casualty (including seizure)
- administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to an adult, including using an AED
- an adult casualty who is choking
- an adult casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- adult casualty who is suffering from shock.
- minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
What is the course duration?
One day – you must complete six contact hours of training and assessment.
This course takes place between 9.00 am, and 4.45 pm.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of knowledge and practical skills competence will be recorded in a Student Workbook for certification.
Will I get a certificate?
Upon successfully completing the course, you will receive a St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate, which is valid for three years.
It is recommend for candidates to complete an Annual Update course each year during the certificate’s validity.
Need more information?
Edinburgh Training Centre
12 Dock Place