Train With Us
Why Choose St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd?
Professional, established, accredited first aid training.
With a wide range of courses, from Fire Marshal training to Paediatric First Aid, we are committed to providing professional training catered to your needs.
Our trainer/assessors are qualified to the highest standards, ensuring that our organisations’ reputation as the leading first aid training provider in Scotland alone is no exaggeration.
Some of the benefits of choosing us as your first aid or health and safety training provider include:
- We are a social enterprise! All of our profits are donated to our parent charity St Andrew’s First Aid. This donation supports the first aid education and community support that they provide across Scotland.
- Our training centres in seven, easily accessible locations across Scotland; Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glenrothes, Inverness, Stirling. If your team are unable to attend a training centre, we will come to you!
- Candidates who gain their first aid qualifications are encouraged to become pioneers of health and safety in the workplace – experts at administrating first aid.
- Each of our trainer/assessors are professionally qualified and Scottish Qualification Authority (SQA) certified whilst each ELearning course is CPD certified.
- St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd is recognised by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) as a standard setter in first aid. Subsequently we are co-authors of the best-selling First Aid Manual – an authoritative resource used all over the U.K.
What are our training methods?
Our trainer/assessors benefit from joint certification from both the SQA and St Andrew’s First Aid.
We guarantee an excellent learning experience each and every time you attend one of our courses by making first aid fun and easy to learn. Students are provided with workbooks and materials of the highest quality and suit a variety of learning abilities.
Candidates will spend focused time on the practical skills required to fulfil their role as a first aider and to ensure they have the ability to deal with a variety of minor and major emergencies.
This guarantees that all candidates work through the fundamental elements of first aid and basic life support several times, building competence and confidence in each new skill.
All of our courses follow a competence-based assessment process. Candidates are assessed throughout their course so there is no need to worry about a final exam. Only those who are deemed competent will receive a certificate.
We accommodate for all learning styles by using a combination of teaching techniques that include:
- Video clips
- PowerPoint presentations
- Skills demonstration and practice
- Scenarios using market leading training resources
- Discussions and question and answer sessions
Hands-on techniques are supported by a range of training materials, based on course requirements, for example; adult, baby or child resuscitation training manikins for CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator), bandages, barrier devices and First Aid kits.
Train with us for our Associate Membership Insurance
We are so confident that we provide all of our students with the appropriate skills to be competent First Aiders that they are automatically included free of charge under our ‘Associate Membership Insurance’ cover when they successfully complete their course.
Insurance cover is effective as long as the candidate holds a valid St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd certificate in either Standard First Aid, First Aid at Work, First Aid at Work Requalification, Emergency First Aid at Work, Emergency First Aid, Sports Injuries First Aid, Anaphylaxis Awareness, Baby and Child First Aid or Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Train with us for various course options
St Andrew’s First Aid Training & Supplies Ltd want everyone to be able to learn vital first aid skills. Courses are available at our own training centres and can be provided at customers own premises.
We aim to make learning first aid as easy as possible therefore in an attempt to make first aid courses even more accessible we launched first aid online courses. The first aid ELearning courses can be accessed anywhere you have an internet connection. Complete the courses at home or on the go. Each of our online courses are CPD certified so you can be sure that each course we offer is of the highest standard.