The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) regularly provide First Aid at Work updates to keep everyone abreast of recent developments. St Andrew’s First Aid Training & Supplies Ltd will keep you informed of any HSE updates changes as they arise.
A link to the HSE website First Aid at Work updates can also be found here: http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/whats-new/index.htm
Recent HSE Updates
Most recently, the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) have released the following key figures for Great Britain:
• 1.3 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
• 2,515 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2014)
• 144 workers killed at work
• 72,702 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
• 621,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
• 30.4 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
• £14.1 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2014/15)
Find out more at http://www.hse.gov.uk/statistics.