Anaphylaxis Awareness course
The Anaphylaxis Awareness course provides basic first aid training for people who wish to assist anyone that is affected by this severe allergic reaction, something that can prove potentially fatal.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who wish to gain a basic understanding of first aid measures required to treat anaphylaxis and to look after a casualty whilst awaiting an ambulance.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- define, recognise and treat anaphylaxis
- distinguish between anaphylaxis and food intolerance
- understand the effects of an allergen and the causes of anaphylaxis
- understand the protocols and guidelines to maintain a normal lifestyle
How long does the course last?
4 hours. Candidates are required to complete four contact hours of training and assessment. It is therefore necessary that candidates are able to attend for the whole duration of the course to allow them to be eligible for continuous assessment and certification.
9.00am until 1.00pm, or 1.00pm until 5.00pm
Candidates will be assessed throughout the course. Evidence of underpinning knowledge and practical skills competence will be required for certification.
Successful candidates will receive a St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd ‘Anaphylaxis Awareness’ certificate, which is valid for three years.
Please consider the following factors when choosing your candidate(s) to attend our Anaphylaxis Awareness course:
- reliability, disposition and communication skills
- aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and learn new skills
- ability to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedures