Trustee – Charity Board
Could you help to build one of Scotland’s leading charities?
St Andrew’s First Aid is Scotland’s premier provider of first aid training and allied services, and also has over 50 local volunteer sections throughout Scotland. The organisation’s national HQ is in Glasgow, with local offices throughout the country.
We have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for new members to join our governing body, the Board of Trustees.
We need people who can help us achieve our mission, particularly those with significant skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Strategic, financial and budget management, with knowledge of corporate or charity governance.
• Well-connected in your field and Scottish public life, you are familiar with charity fundraising campaigning techniques.
• Strategic level expertise in marketing/communications techniques, including strategies for raising media awareness.
• Medically qualified, with experience in the organisation or delivery of frontline healthcare services.
• An independent or professional background in volunteering organisations, or who can understand the perspective of our younger (under 26) volunteers.
We are keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly keen to achieve an appropriate gender balance on the Board by recruiting additional female Trustees. We are unable to progress applications which demonstrate a significant conflict of interest.
We will provide an induction into the work of St Andrew’s First Aid. You will be expected to attend a maximum of eight meetings in total each year (Board and Committees).
Please download an application pack here.
St Andrew’s First Aid is the trading name of St. Andrew’s Ambulance Association, a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC006750