Trainer/Assessor – Full time
- Full time
- Starting salary: £25,052 plus benefits
- Location: Glasgow/Edinburgh
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Commercial Team, for a highly motivated Trainer/Assessor with strong communication skills and first aid training experience.
The jobholder will predominantly work from our Glasgow and Edinburgh Training Center’s working five days over seven, but will be required to travel to other parts of Scotland from time-to-time.
The Trainer/Assessor, reporting directly to the Training Manager, will be responsible for the delivery and/or assessment of St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd.’s various first aid and related courses. The successful applicant will also work as part of a team to review learning materials and aspects of business development.
The individual will have experience in the delivery and assessment of ‘First Aid at Work’ courses and hold a recognised training qualification. The person should also be proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint.
For full details of the job description and person spec below please see below. To apply please complete the attached application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties and responsibilities
- To deliver training courses and conduct assessments to a consistent and fair standard in accordance with St Andrew’s First Aid requirements.
- To maintain current competence and continuous personal development, in accordance with the St Andrew’s First Aid National Headquarters Training Department requirements.
- To promote St Andrew’s First Aid products and services, as appropriate.
- To work with permanent staff, casual workers and volunteers to maintain a high standard of training and assessing.
- Accurate completion and prompt submission of all relevant course documentation.
- To arrive in good time, to prepare the training room and greet students.
- To liaise, on arrival, with client company contacts to ensure the smooth running of the course.
- To work within St Andrew’s First Aid health and safety, training and other policies and procedures as implemented within the organisation.
- To pilot new initiatives in training when required.
- To act as a point of contact for first aid advice.
- To maintain a high standard of training and delivery equipment. Report any faults or damage to equipment through the required processes when they occur.
- To ensure that all equipment used is cleaned and stored in accordance with procedures.
- To be responsible for custody, maintenance and transport of personal equipment.
- To perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the grade of the post and skill and qualifications of the post-holder, and from time-to-time, the reasonable requirements of the Training Manager.
The closing date for this position is 5.00 pm on Wednesday 18th March 2019. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter in our Headquarters in Glasgow.
A basic disclosure will be required for this post.
Please send completed application form to email@example.com
- Trainer/Assessor – Person specification (MS Word, 90kb)
- Trainer/Assessor – Job Description (MS Word, 48kb)
- Trainer/Assessor – Application form (MS Word, 111kb)
St Andrew’s First Aid Training & Supplies Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer
St Andrew’s First Aid is the trading name of St. Andrew’s Ambulance Association, a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC006750