Fundraising Officer – 21 hours p/w
- Hours: 21 hours per week
- Salary: Up to £25,000 (pro rata)
- Location: Glasgow
For over 130 years St Andrew’s First Aid has been training the people of Scotland to save lives. Charitable donations are absolutely vital to us because they allow us to continue our life-saving work by teaching more people first aid skills. In Scotland if you have a cardiac arrest outside of hospital, there is only a 1 in 12 chance of survival.
We need to continue to teach first aid to schools and communities in Scotland in order to turn this statistic around and to provide prompt and appropriate first aid to anyone suffering injury or sudden illness.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Fundraising Officer to help us develop and implement our strategic plans for income generation from the community as well as corporate businesses, through events and community fundraising teams.
- You will identify, and promote new events, as well as support current annual events.
- You will also recruit and establish a team of motivated community fundraisers and work with key individuals and groups, to increase St Andrew’s First Aid supporter base and income.
- Possessing knowledge of community and events fundraising, you must be an excellent communicator with the ability to motivate and influence prospective supporters to maximise their fundraising activity. Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will need to be able to work on your own initiative and collaboratively to achieve our aims and objectives.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic Disclosure.
- Fundraising Officer – Job description (MS Word, 57kb)
- Fundraising Officer – Person specification (MS Word, 240kb)
- Fundraising Officer – Application form (MS Word, 111kb)
If you require any more information about the role please contact Moyra Reid, Head of Marketing Communications and Fundraising on 0141 332 4031.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on 24 August 2017.
St Andrew’s First Aid is an Equal Opportunities employer.
St Andrew’s First Aid is the trading name of St. Andrew’s Ambulance Association, a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC006750