Workplace First Aid courses
Workplace First Aid Courses requirements
As an employer, you must provide adequate and appropriate first aid equipment, facilities and personnel to your workplace. This is to ensure your employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. Workplace first aid courses are the solution.
The law on first aid training changed in October 2013 and has impacted every business and organisation in the UK. These changes mean employers must now accept liability when selecting their own provider of first aid training. This move means greater flexibility, but also greater responsibility to select the right training provider.
HSE guidance has identified St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd as a standard setter in the delivery of first aid training. Therefore we ensure you comply with the current guidelines whilst you receive the highest standard of first aid training available. You can train with other providers but in doing so you also accept liability, meaning you must ensure full due diligence has been checked in their delivery of first aid training.
Why train with us?
- We are co-authors of the UK’s leading First Aid Manual
- Free Associate Members Insurance
- We are a Social Enterprise. All profits are donated back to our parent charity to allow them to deliver their vital work
- The widest range of scheduled courses in Scotland
- All of our trainers have internationally recognised qualifications
- Courses updated with the most up-to-date first aid and resuscitation standards
- We schedule courses at times and in locations which suit your lifestyle
- Highest quality user-friendly take-home materials
- Central easy to access location
- We run public classes at our dedicated training premises in locations throughout Scotland
We cater for all learning styles by using a combination of teaching techniques that include:
- Video demonstrations
- PowerPoint presentations
- Skills demonstration and practice
- Scenarios using market leading training resources
- Discussions and with question and answer sessions
Hands-on techniques are supported by a range of training materials, based on course requirements, including: adult, baby or child resuscitation training manikins for CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator), bandages, barrier devices and first aid kits.
Associate Membership Insurance
We are so confident that we provide all of our students with the appropriate skills to be competent first aiders that you will automatically be included free of charge under our ‘Associate Membership Insurance’ cover when you successfully complete your course.
The cover is effective as long as you hold a valid St Andrew’s First Aid Training and Supplies Ltd certificate in either Standard First Aid, First Aid at Work, First Aid at Work Requalification, Emergency First Aid at Work, Emergency First Aid, Sports Injuries First Aid, Anaphylaxis Awareness, Baby and Child First Aid or Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Our courses are taught by certified first aid trainer/assessors who can tailor the course based on the needs of the candidates. Trainers here bring a wealth of personal and first aid experience to our courses and their use of real life examples will make your first aid course memorable and entertaining.